Date(s) - 11/05/2016
6:00 am - 9:00 pm
The Archbishops of Canterbury and York have issued a call to all their congregations to engage in a week of prayer ahead of Pentecost (Sunday 15th May) which many call the Birthday of the Church.
The week is about praying for our families and friends and community that many more people will come to trust Jesus as we do.
We are setting aside Wednesday 11th May as a special Day of Prayer at CSK – from 6am to 9pm!
There are nine hosted and guided slots during the day – each designed to suit a slice of our whole congregation. Please see the listing and description below.
There will be two prayer spaces at CSK – the downstairs meeting room and the worship area. Come to one of them for DIY Prayer. Both of these spaces will have resources available to help you pray – books of prayers, suggested Bible readings, a Grafitti Wall to suggest prayer topics of what God seems to be saying in reply, prayer craft activities, installations etc.
Between 9am and 4pm Chimes Coffee Shop will be open as usual to sustain and refresh you with tea and coffee etc. at the regular prices.
DIY Prayer will take place from 6am right through to 9pm.
- 7-8am Prayer Breakfast – drop in for 20 minutes or more
(Bacon Sandwiches, Tea or Coffee for a donation)
- 9.30-10am Family Drop-in for Prayer – perhaps after dropping the children off for school
- 11-noon Café Prayer – drop-in and enjoy 2-3pm Saints at Prayer – with candles!
- 3.45-4.30pm Prayer for ALL the Family
(with Action Songs and GREAT Activities!) 5-6pm Julian Prayer – making use of silence
- 6-6.30pm Shorter Evening Prayer – liturgy with a light touch 6.30-7.30pm Youth Connect Prayer – a special opportunity for our
- 8-9pm Celebration Prayer with Worship
Apart from the Prayer Breakfast (in the coffee shop area) the ‘hosted and guided’ sessions will take place in the Worship Area.